fb twitter

Clones Canal Stores

 

Upgrade existing facilities at the canal stores which will include a community operated restaurant/coffee shop facility, create a new kitchen and dining area, a new external toilet block and landscaping area with picnic tables.

The Ulster Canal connected Belfast via Lough Neagh with the Shannon-Erne Waterway using the Ballyconnell Canal. It was opened into Lough Erne in 1842 and closed finally in 1931.

The Canal Stores was the distribution centre for goods coming via the Ulster Canal. The restored building now incorporates a Clones Lace Exhibition, Tea Shop and Tourism Information facility which is run by the local community. Lace and local crafts are available for sale here.

 

logos3




Site: Aura Internet